Masteroast Capsule Machine Development - Article published in Packaging News Magazine
During these times of upheaval where many of us are adapting our work routine it's important to take stock of what is important and what we have to accept will be different. Masteroast is also going through this process and we would like to share a few of the tips we are picking up along the way. The below is just a few routine habits that we find will ease this transition from the traditional office to the kitchen table/spare room/ garden/sofa or home office
Habits are daily behaviours that are carried out automatically or with very little thought. Scientific study backs the importance of creating and maintaining positive habits. The routines we hold allow us to minimise effort and allow us to improve productivity as well as settling us with predictability. We are confident the sun will rise, that work finishes at a certain time and that coffee in the morning while you're hurrying to your desk is an essential ingredient in getting those tricky first few emails sorted. We also continually strive to predict the weather with the accuracy of a blind darts man in our quest to know. We love routine and routine really is healthy. Let us see what we can do to maintain some of these rituals.
6 Home working tips
1. A set work pattern that is similar to your usual working hours. That includes lunch breaks and coffee stops. Definitely coffee stops!
2. A new work environment can be quite difficult to get used to. Get comfy and ensure that you have all the tools that you're likely to need. When you do take breaks perhaps give a friend or colleague a call, or take a quick walk.
3. Stay connected: Keep your colleagues, friends and family close, that is important. These connections help you remain a more rounded mentally healthy person. When you get the opportunity to talk to someone, don't send an email, pick up the phone and update them on which stage of a project that you're at or where you're going with it.
4. Just because you're not at your usual working environment doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep hydrated and have the occasional coffee. Enjoying a coffee is a pleasure you can still bring to the work area you've curated.
5. Though it may be tempting to start work without having a shower or even getting dressed we would recommend maintaining a presentable appearance if not for anyone else but yourself. Getting ready for the day out at the office is a big part of how you see and present yourself. This is up there with point 1 about keeping a regular work pattern.
6. Technology has come a long way, not least to allow you to fulfil your office role from home but in the way you can communicate face to face, use apps like Zoom, Messenger and Skype to communicate with your colleagues and discuss business activities. This technology again goes some way to plugging the gap in your social life with face to face communication.
The above 6 points are just some of the steps that we'd recommend that you take over the next few weeks of what is undoubtedly a tough time. Keep your life's routines as best one can as you start to adapt to the changes we are facing right now.
Remember, keep calm and work from home.
Masteroast is proud to be able to highlight some of the excellent work carried out by our sister company in Colombia; MasterCol.
MasterCol is a speciality coffee exporter with a focus on high quality and sustainable supply chain support for their producing partners and overseas buyers.
Below are a couple of videos showing one of the projects that MasterCol is supporting
Jericó is a beautiful vibrant and colorful place, the farmers there are incredibly dedicated to the tradition of quality coffee cultivating. The above video shows how they are tied to tradition and the use of a famous satchel that is made in the town that they call a Carriel or Guarnial. The farmers used this to do one of the most important responsibilities in Jericó and that was to go into town and pay the "journal" They used this customary bag to pay the workers. A key element of Jerico Antioquia that makes this a primed specialty coffee producer would be the elevation, the town sits at 1,950 masl, the elevation is only bested by the landscape which is truly beautiful. Don't take my word for it, watch the video.
If you have any interest in any particular coffees that we can help source from Colombia, please do not hesitate to ask the Masteroast team.
Masteroast Origin Trip to Honduras.
A collection of articles written by the dedicated staff of Masteroast